Food processors are a modern kitchen staple. The sharp blades and varying sizes means that there is one out there that can fit in your kitchen. Their versatility is often underestimated so today we are going to tell you 5 things you can do with your food processor.
- Homemade pasta- This seemingly daunting task is made easy using your food processor. The dough comes together, neatly and without a mess in the container and is then easily transferable to the counter to be rolled out. The holes on the top of your food processor were meant to be used for a slow drip such as that you would use with olive oil when making pasta.
- Sauce- It goes without saying that homemade pasta is nothing without a wonderful sauce to accompany it. Easy blending of different sized ingredients means that your sauce can come together easily. For other meals, salsas, dips and spreads can be whipped up with ease.
- DIY Nut butter- Buying cashew and almond butter at the store can get expensive. Create your own at home and watch the magic happen. Spreadable on toast and usable in all sorts of ways, homemade nut butter becomes a topic of conversation on your weekly video dinner calls with friends. This goes without mentioning the nuts you can have on hand for a snack too!
- Ice Cream- The world just became a better place! Make your favorite sweet treat at home with all the toppings you want. By freezing your base, it can be quickly whipped up in your processor leaving you with a fluffy base to add your mix ins. Prefer sorbet? No problem! Freezing your favorite fruit and then blending it makes another easy dessert for a hot day.
- Chopping Vegetables- While it may seem basic, vegetables are easy to break down to the size you need with your food processor. The “pulse” button gives you the control you want to get the right size cut. You will never have to worry about crying with onions again and cutting carrots becomes a breeze.
Becoming the kitchen wizard you have always wanted to be is easier than ever now that you have these ideas to fuel your next cooking session using your android tablet as your recipe holder. Find the best small food processor and get cooking!